Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Monoprinting with the Gelli plate at the Julian Art Guild

The Julian Art Guild invited me to present a demo on monoprinting with the Gelli plate.  It's a fun process.  They were so eager to try it that I let them jump in and give it a go.  Thanks to Leigh Bittner for taking photos for me.

Some of my prints made on the Gelli plate
Photobombing my own picture
The Guild members asked a lot of questions about the process
Process: first roll out some paint onto the Gelli plate
Select stencils or objects to mask out designs onto the paint
Arrange your objects (masks) on the painted Gelli plate
Add texture to the paint if desired
Place a paper onto the painted plate, rub to transfer your design and then pull up to see your print!
Some of the Guild members gave it a try

No comments: